Nordic environmental handbook
The Nordic Environmental Handbook, a handbook for environmental work in Antarctica, has been prepared jointly by the three Nordic countries Finland, Norway and Sweden. The handbook contains information and plans regarding environmental protection, such as waste management plans, action plans in the event of environmental accidents, and guidelines for helicopter and airplane operations.
Chapters of the Nordic Environmental Handbook
Not all chapters have yet been completed.
1. Description of the Environment (pdf 24 kB, opens in new window)
2. Legal Framework
3. Waste Management (pdf 40 kB, opens in new window)
4. Oil Spills and Fuel Management (pdf 34 kB, opens in new window)
Oil Spill Contingency Plan (pdf 166 kB, opens in new window)
5. Chemical and Radioisotope Management
6. Helicopters and Aircraft Operations (pdf 33 kB, opens in new window)
7. Purchasing and Packaging
8. National Station Operation Plans
9. EIA Questionnaires and Report forms
10. Management Plans